It's only 20 miles from Skagway, Alaska's deepwater port on the coast, to the border of Canada's Yukon. But what a 20 miles they are!
The White Pass & Yukon Route railway ride is one of the most dramatic scenic experiences in the Alaska Panhandle. No wonder it's an all-time favorite experience for cruise travelers arriving in the preserved, Wild (North)West town of Skagway. The tracks go right onto the dock, so we stepped off the Regent Seven Seas Mariner right onto the train. And from there, on an incredible climb to the Continental Divide and the border with Canada.
It's an epic journey of breathtaking scenery and Klondike Goldrush tales - in vintage train cars that take you back to the days of prospectors and adventurers.
Meet the train conductor and hear his stories of this fabled train - one of the world's most scenic and historic rail journeys.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Where do you want to go?
You Should See
Related to Alaska
- 8 Facts About the Panama Canal
- 10 Amazing Facts about the Tasmanian Devil
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- Discover Tropical Romance in 3 Overwater Bungalow Resorts on the Caribbean Sea
- See the World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall at this New Airport
- You Can Celebrate Richard Branson's Birthday With Him on his Adults-Only Cruise Line